Faith of the Fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends and Family of the Reign of Blood coven, Faith of the Fallen.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Read this before you get too involved guys and gals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalin
Admin
Khalin

Read this before you get too involved guys and gals Empty
PostSubject: Read this before you get too involved guys and gals   Read this before you get too involved guys and gals I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:55 am

A lesson on Reality

An online game should not have the ability to change lives, unless you are the creator. Yet, somehow, it happens. Logic would dictate that you are never going to lay eyes on the people you meet her beyond a picture or a webcam session. You have no way of knowing if the person you are presented with here, in character, is the true person or not. You have no way of knowing what their true intentions are. The fact is that we only know what we are shown for x amount of time in any given day. But, people interact on levels that surpass face to face. This opens the door for loving deeper, and hurting far more.

Knowing that you are never going to meet someone opens that door for people. That door of intimacy, and no, I don’t mean cyber. I am referring to letting people inside your walls. Often times I have found that people that only became acquainted a month prior share more with each other than with those who have known them half their lives. Is this a product of the environment? Or just human nature being allowed to be free?
There are so few restraints on what you can be here. There is no time and distance. Work and the real world exist on a separate plane. If we all come here to play a game, and we know people are not what they appear most times, why do we choose to trust blindly anyway? It is my opinion that most people are lacking in real human interaction. School and work are so pressing. There is always something to be done. And to that end, it is easier to sit in front of the computer while doing some of it, or at the end of the day, and visit ‘friends’ there. It feels safer.

What we tend to forget in this is that it is far from it. Though it is true that people can’t see you cry online, it is also true that there are those who would seek nothing more than that purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://faithofthefallen.roflforum.net

Read this before you get too involved guys and gals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faith of the Fallen :: Creativity :: Stories-
Jump to: